Dr. Laurel Wills is board-certified in developmental-behavioral pediatrics and worked for 20 years in the field of sleep medicine. She earned her undergraduate and medical degrees at Tufts University and Boston University and completed her internship and residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center. She returned to Boston Children’s Hospital for her fellowship training. Dr. Wills has particular interests in working with children who have ADHD, autism, mood or anxiety disorders, with or without other cognitive or motor disabilities. Dr. Wills addresses sleep-related concerns, in both typically-developing kids and teens, as well as those with co-occurring developmental or behavioral conditions.
Dr. Wills practices with an integrated, holistic, and family-centered orientation to achieving healthy lifestyles naturally, strengthening or learning new coping skills, and optimizing management of special needs. Fluent in ASL, she also enjoys providing consultative care for kids and/or parents who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, or blind. As a sub-specialist, Dr. Wills partners with all of our primary care providers here at New Kingdom.
- Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- “Bio-Behavioral” concerns, where physical symptoms & daily routines intersect (sleep disruption, delayed toilet training, sensory reactivity)
- Developmental Delay or Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Fetal Alcohol (prenatal toxin) exposure, Genetic or Chromosomal Syndromes
- Problems with attention, concentration, self-regulation, such as ADHD, or other challenges with school progress & social relationships
- Children, teens, and young adults who are deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing, legally blind or blind
- Milder forms of anxiety, mood, attachment, & adjustment disorders; we also work closely with the child/adolescent mental health community